Listen Live

HomeNewsLocal NewsLocal Competitors Heading To Rimbey For 2024 Alberta High School Finals Rodeo

Local Competitors Heading To Rimbey For 2024 Alberta High School Finals Rodeo

The Alberta Junior High School Finals Rodeo provincials are coming up in Rimbey from May 24th through the 26th and a handful of local competitors have qualified to be there.
To qualify competitors have to be in the Top 10 in their district and a student in good standing.
Paiten Axten from Lavoy is Grade 7 student at Vegreville Composite High School has qualified for the finals in barrel racing, ribbon roping, and team roping.
Her team roping partner is Treston Campbell. Axten is excited to work together with Campell to try to reach the National Finals and have some company from a couple other locals there in Rimbey for provincials as well.
Axten – who is 13 years old – attended six events on the District 2 junior high rodeo circuit last fall and this spring in order to qualify for provincials. She won the barrel racing average, the barrel racing the first day, the ribbon roping the first day, won the team roping average, and was a team roping day winner at their most recent rodeo in Stettler.
This will be her second time in the provincial finals. Last year Axten made it to the Canadian Finals in Brandon, Manitoba where she placed sixth.
Meanwhile, Campbell – who is from Myrnum – will also be competing at provincials in ribbon roping, and goat tying.
Also going to Rimbey for the 2024 Alberta Junior High School Finals Rodeo are Rowen Littau from Viking in team roping, and Ally Pocock from Minburn in girls breakaway roping.
The Top 3 in the province in each event will represent Alberta at this season’s National Junior High Rodeo Finals in Des Moines, Iowa.
Hear Paiten Axten hand out a few thank yous.

She also discusses her team roping partner and having a group of locals going to Rimbey for the 2024 Alberta High School Finals Rodeo.

Continue Reading

More